About Eric Francavilla:
I am a member of FarmHouse Fraternity.
Members come from different walks of life, and they bring to the fraternity their own unique experiences. Here are some of the things about me that I bring to the FarmHouse brotherhood:
- Twenty-year-old white male
- Born in Omaha, Nebraska
- Student of communication at Washington State University, anthropology minor
- Journalist, published in the The Daily Evergreen newspaper
- Poet, published in The Element
- Philosopher, currently reading Friedrich Nietzsche
- Archer, composite bow (45 ft/lbs)
- Gamer and virtual community anthropologist (including RuneScape, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Dungeons and Dragons Online and Second Life)
- Fighter in my personal battle with Crohn’s Disease, currently in remission
About Men of Farmhouse — WSU, the blog:
This blog is an ongoing project for COM499. I will be working with a topic of my choosing (FarmHouse) to showcase my skills working with various media programs and content editing techniques. I intend the final product of this class to take the form of a profile of WSU FarmHouse that can be used for recruitment and public relations.
About my career goals:
I want to be a new-age journalist that preserves the tradition of integrity. This goal involves educating readers as local, national and world citizens through reporting, and managing a news service–print or digital–to survive in the markets of present and future without sacrificing ethics or community service.